Games and Virtualbox

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jasmac

Games and Virtualbox

Post by jasmac »

Hi all, I am just after a bit of clarification. I have been trying to get Worms Armageddon to run, both under Wine and Virtualbox. I know that there is just about zero chance of getting it to run on wine after perusing the net for answers. I installed virtualbox and loaded up Xp in the hope that that would be the answer but I get the same results. Would this be because of the graphics card, I am using the ati driver. I really do not know and am trying to understand what it is that is different. If anyone could shed some enlightenment it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Jason
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Games and Virtualbox

Post by Husse »

Inside Virtualbox you use a virtual video card with limited capabilities.
Also using XP breaks Windows license rules if you have it installed the normal way also and I suppose this XP does not get activated....
jasmac

Re: Games and Virtualbox

Post by jasmac »

Heya Husse, thanks for that, I did not take into consideration the legality things. I will find a worms game that is linux friendly if poss, just love that game. I know I could dual boot but I really want to move away from windows. Thanks again.

Cheers

Jason

Return to “Software & Applications”