Linux Mint 13 XFCE app windows and authentication problem

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aravindmenona

Linux Mint 13 XFCE app windows and authentication problem

Post by aravindmenona »

I installed Linux Mint 13 XFCE in my laptop , suddenly today lot of issues are cropping up
1. Menu bar disappeared in all windows (Fixed that by typing 'xfwm4' in terminal)
2. In additional drivers window when i select any driver click activate the authentication pop up blinks few times and then an error message pops up saying "you are not allowed to use this feature ".
3. Vmplayer 4 was working till yesterday now when i open vmplayer and play the guest OS nothing happens it just shows black screen.
4. When i open a window inside any application (like opening preferences in vlc player etc) the focus doesn't shift to the popup.
There could be more problems i haven't checked everything yet.
please suggest a fix its urgent.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
aravindmenona

Re: Linux Mint 13 XFCE app windows and authentication proble

Post by aravindmenona »

Ok i booted up in to recovery mode tried some stuff there and when i went back to the normal mode everything works except the authentication problem in additional drivers. It still flashes and throws the 'you are not authorized...' message

Return to “Xfce”