Trying to Install iPod Gen3 Hybrided my system.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cutiger95

Trying to Install iPod Gen3 Hybrided my system.

Post by cutiger95 »

Somehow I have managed to hybrid my system when trying to install all the codecs needed to get my Nano 3rd generation running.

I ran an update with the Mint Updater now things are really screwy. My desktop icons are gone and my mint start is also gone.

On my start bar I have the Ubuntu button that allows me to select programs. I really don't know what I did as I was pretty in depth when I did it. Any help in getting me back without a complete new install would be greatly appreciatted. Just ask and I will answer any questions that you have.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Trying to Install iPod Gen3 Hybrided my system.

Post by MagnusB »

Did you do a dist-upgrade or just mintUpdate? And does mintMenu exist at all? Right click on panel, click add to panel and look for Linux Mint Menu.
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
cutiger95

Post by cutiger95 »

The system has the menu that I can add from the panel but nothing works at all from that menu.

Not really sure what I did as I was following the instructions on a site I found for enabling the 3rd generation iPod.
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

Could you give us a link?
If you were using Daryna I doubt you did a dist-upgrade, but you might have installed some packages that depends on Ubuntu desktop, or something.. I can dig up a link to get a 8GB Nano working (sorry, I am completely confused with Apples iPod generations) which I believe is 3rd gen.. And that only require the installation of 2 packages (libgpod, I think, is the library that makes iPod "work").
--Dean Martin
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

http://lilserenity.wordpress.com/2007/1 ... d-nano-3g/
Just install those two packages in the reverse order that is suggested in that guide (first libgpod2_0.5.3+actually0.6.0-0.1_i386.deb then libgpod-dev_0.5.3+actually0.6.0-0.1_i386.deb)
--Dean Martin

Return to “Beginner Questions”