Glad to announce

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
reptilezone2002
Level 3
Level 3

Glad to announce

Post by reptilezone2002 »

well guys im glad to announce that i have moved from ubuntu to mint 13.. im sick of what ubuntu is doing them self & us ... well mint this is perfect for now but i dont know whether they will take the same path as ubuntu.. with the unity & nautilus changes .. crappp

:D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Glad to announce

Post by xenopeek »

Hi reptilezone2002, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Your post should probably go here, so I've moved it. Thanks for joining the forums!

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas), and the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the mint family forums

wizard
reptilezone2002
Level 3
Level 3

tx guys i did try cinnomon but didnt like it much as mate . im addicted to the 2 pannel desighn hehehe..
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

You can easily have Cinnamon work with two panels :D Open Cinnamon Settings, go to Panel, change Desktop layout to Classic (panels at the top and at the bottom).
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

reptilezone2002 wrote:well guys im glad to announce that i have moved from ubuntu to mint 13.. im sick of what ubuntu is doing them self & us ... well mint this is perfect for now but i dont know whether they will take the same path as ubuntu.. with the unity & nautilus changes .. crappp

That you can be sure of, our main developer dislikes those things as much as you do. But the Nautilus changes were made by Gnome, not by Ubuntu, though, Mint will have the same Nautilus unless patches are made or another file manager is chosen as the OS default.
reptilezone2002
Level 3
Level 3

bimsebasse wrote:
reptilezone2002 wrote:well guys im glad to announce that i have moved from ubuntu to mint 13.. im sick of what ubuntu is doing them self & us ... well mint this is perfect for now but i dont know whether they will take the same path as ubuntu.. with the unity & nautilus changes .. crappp

That you can be sure of, our main developer dislikes those things as much as you do. But the Nautilus changes were made by Gnome, not by Ubuntu, though, Mint will have the same Nautilus unless patches are made or another file manager is chosen as the OS default.
thats sad but i didnt saw the main prob with nautilus in mint13 mate.. the file size calculation thing.. its very confusing in ubuntu.. without the real world changing y did they do that .. eg. size of an empty cd is still 700Mb not 730Mb or so
reptilezone2002
Level 3
Level 3

xenopeek wrote:You can easily have Cinnamon work with two panels :D Open Cinnamon Settings, go to Panel, change Desktop layout to Classic (panels at the top and at the bottom).
oh i didnt know that ill try now tx
reptilezone2002
Level 3
Level 3

ok couple of things so far in cinnomon

1. its very unstable crashed 5 times now
2. the filesize canculation thing is here in cinnomon. but not in mate
3.the clock is always wrong

may b will just use mate for now untill cinnomon becomes more stable & mature one thing i like in cinnamon beside the eye-candy is the use of low ram & cpu . thats great
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Have you updated Cinnamon to latest version? A bug affecting some users' stability was just fixed few days ago. But MATE is also awesome :mrgreen:
reptilezone2002
Level 3
Level 3

xenopeek wrote:Have you updated Cinnamon to latest version? A bug affecting some users' stability was just fixed few days ago. But MATE is also awesome :mrgreen:
no i installed it to my laptop well its a mess there.. after i installed to my desktop.. well i think its working in my desktop very litle crashes there

Return to “Introduce Yourself”