Kde Sudo error on system startup

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
selukwe

Kde Sudo error on system startup

Post by selukwe »

I'm getting an error message box on my LinuxMint 13KDE system on startup reading "No command argument supplied! ... Kde Sudo will now exit." The box then needs to be always closed manually.

I am not aware of having set anything to cause this. How should I remove this error and prevent it from reappearing on each startup? I do not remember whether I had it since clean install of LM13KDE or whether it appeared after some uninstallation of some program that I have made. Any ideas how to fix this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
J_C

Re: Kde Sudo error on system startup

Post by J_C »

selukwe wrote:....I am not aware of having set anything to cause this. How should I remove this error and prevent it from reappearing on each startup? I do not remember whether I had it since clean install of LM13KDE or whether it appeared after some uninstallation of some program that I have made. Any ideas how to fix this?
I get that too with a clean 'root only' install (home partition untouched, not formatted), and this was before I had done any tweaking or further software installation.
selukwe

Post by selukwe »

How simple, and it works perfectly! It doesn't tell me what had been causing this, though, but I don't care about that too much, the good thing being that now it works smoothly and the error is gone. After restarting I again enabled "Restore previous session" and I'm fully back in business...

Many thanks!:-)
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

selukwe,
i'm deleting your other topic, please don't double-post
from the forum rules:
[7] Do Not Cross-Post

Do not create identical threads across multiple forum sections. Cross-posting creates unnecessary work for community users by separating potential answers and solutions - do not do it.
eon-mint

Post by eon-mint »

Well, the fix worked for me, same thing happened to my KDE mint 17.1, and I know what I did:

As a complete noob on MInt and idiot :roll:

I was trying to find a tool for CAPSLOCK and NUMLOCK on screen and i found it on software manager . Called gkrellm-leds

Installed it, and since it didn't work, it even installed a gkrellim thing that works as a system CPU, Memory and other crap viewer (thing that I never asked for) even after a reboot,
unistalled that thing, and surprise! after the next reboot
that "KDEsudo argument" was there staring at me...stopping normal boot until pressed the OK...

search for a solution et viola!!! here I am. FIXED now.

Return to “Software & Applications”