Hello! I'm Emmanuel_Chanel from Japan.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Emmanuel_Chanel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! I'm Emmanuel_Chanel from Japan.

Post by Emmanuel_Chanel »

Hello, people from all over the world! I'm Emmanuel_Chanel from Japan. I'm Japanese. So Emmanuel Chanel is just a handle and not my real name. But it's like my real name on the net.
I started to use Linux with RedHat Linux 7.2. And I used only RedHat / Fedora for a long time. But for high system requirement, from sometime, I've begun to use Debian on my server on which I have some websites. As a desktop Linux distro, I used only RedHat / Fedora till I install Ubuntu Linux 10.10 soon after its release.
After Unity becomes the default desktop of Ubuntu, I continued to use it at first. But I feel it too inconvenient. I hate Unity but I don't expect Gnome Classic to continue to be maintained. In such situation, I found that many people reffers Linux Mint as an alternative distro of Ubuntu. So I installed Linux Mint 13 Maya MATE Edition 64bit on 7 June, 2012.
P.S.
In the result of the installation, I've got back the sound input function that I didn't get on Ubuntu on this PC. It's the aimed feature of Linux Mint from the first, right?
* I deleted unnecessary linking at 11:02, 3 Aug., 2012 UTC.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Hello! I'm Emmanuel_Chanel from Japan.

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Hello! I'm Emmanuel_Chanel from Japan.

Post by xenopeek »

Hi Emmanuel_Chanel, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums!

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas). You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint.
Emmanuel_Chanel
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you but I've already visited those sites.

Post by Emmanuel_Chanel »

xenopeek wrote:Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas). You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.
Thanks but I've already done those. I haven't got customed to the Community yet, though. Are you on #linuxmint-chat ?
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Thank you but I've already visited those sites.

Post by xenopeek »

Emmanuel_Chanel wrote:
xenopeek wrote:Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas). You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.
Thanks but I've already done those. I haven't got customed to the Community yet, though. Are you on #linuxmint-chat ?
I'm not there daily, but you can encounter me as vincentv on all the Linux Mint channels.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”