WallWatcher-Like Program For Linux?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GuttaMan

WallWatcher-Like Program For Linux?

Post by GuttaMan »

When I was using Windows XP, I used a program called WallWatcher to analyze everything going in and out of my router. Now I'm a proud user of Linux Mint who has knocked Windows XP right off the cliff, but this is the one program I can't find a Linux equivalent for. Anybody know of any programs I can check out? Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GuttaMan

Re: WallWatcher-Like Program For Linux?

Post by GuttaMan »

Nibes wrote:Have you had a look to Wine-doors. perhaps you could install and run wallwatcher in Linux Mint.
Well, I did some looking up about Wine and after much trial and error, I was able to get WallWatcher working thru Wine in Linux Mint, and so far it seems to be fully functional; only problems is having to go to the terminal and running as root everytime I want to use the program...and on Windows XP, WallWatcher is set up to start as soon as you log on, while on Mint the program has to be run as root in able to do any logging, so the password is required. I'm still a relative n00b to Linux so I don't yet know a way to get it to startup and run...So even though I got it running, I still wish there was a similar native program out there.

Return to “Software & Applications”