Cairo Dock hides behind windows on mint 13 XFCE

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
scharkalvin

Cairo Dock hides behind windows on mint 13 XFCE

Post by scharkalvin »

I installed Mint 13 XFCE on my laptop and added Cairo-Dock. I can't seem to get Cairo-Dock to hide the dock when a window overlaps it and pop up on top when the mouse cursor goes to the bottom of the screen. Instead the dock will hide when the window overlaps it, but move the mouse cursor down to the screen bottom and the dock remains behind the window when it pops up. I've also installed Mint13 KDE on another computer and here the dock works as it should, hiding when the window overlaps and popping up on top of the window with a mouse cursor at the bottom of the screen. Seems that Cairo-Dock intergration with XFCE is not quite right, but is ok with KDE. In both cases I selected that the dock should move up and down when focus changes on it, and dock should hide when window overlaps. Dock on top was not checked in either case (and this didn't work on XFCE anyway when tried).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jjaythomas

Re: Cairo Dock hides behind windows on mint 13 XFCE

Post by jjaythomas »

Haven't used Cairo Dock in awile but...

The behavior of the dock can be set from it's preferences/configure (if I rememberer the advace ones have more/better options thou).

J.Jay
EDIT P.S. I think theirs a XFCE integration module now(?) mabe check if installed. :roll:
Beardedragon

Post by Beardedragon »

Under Advanced Configuration, set "Visibility" to look like this:
scharkalvin

Post by scharkalvin »

The options on Cairo-Dock seem to have changed. Here is what I see
Beardedragon

Post by Beardedragon »

Sorry, my Bad, I was using SalineOS when I took the picture. Below find one like yours with the different option under Visibility.
scharkalvin

Post by scharkalvin »

Tried your settings, but the dock still appears BEHIND any open window on the screen and does NOT go to front. Couldn't get a screen shot to show you the effect. If any window is full screen the dock remains hidden behind the window. Not so on another machine with mint13 kde - 64 bit. Might be a 32 bit issue, or an issue on my laptop (R60 thinkpad) video drivers.
Beardedragon

Post by Beardedragon »

I know how to get the screen shot, you just set timer after raising bottom of whatever Application you are running. It could be a 32 bit issue, suggest you go to Cairo Dock site and report it at http://glx-dock.org/ They also have a Forum you can join. My example of timed screen shot:
scharkalvin

Post by scharkalvin »

I finally found a setting that works, I set visibality to 'keep dock below'. Now the dock hides behind any window and pops in front when the mouse cursor hits the screen bottom.

Return to “Xfce”