Xfapplet mint menu not editable via alacarte

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Purple112

Xfapplet mint menu not editable via alacarte

Post by Purple112 »

I'm running Mint menu via xfapplet on Xubuntu 12.04. If I attempt to edit it through alacarte, only the stock XFCE menu (the "applications menu" applet) applies the changes. The Mint menu is unchanged. I tried to install mozo but did not want the extra MATE dependencies. I have tried right clicking and then clicking "reload plugins", but to no avail. I was wondering if there was a way to make the Mint menu apply the alacarte settings, possibly some configuration file? Sorry for the noob question, but I can't find any answers elsewhere.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GeneC

Re: Xfapplet mint menu not editable via alacarte

Post by GeneC »

I am bumping this for Purple 112 as I just installed XFCE 13 :D and have the same issue.
Nice to have Mint Menu again (still not available on LMDE/XFCE, but soon I think) :?:
But its not editable. Changes made with 'alacarte' do not show up.
Purple112

Post by Purple112 »

So should a formal bug be reported on this? I've given up on Mint menu and now use xfce menu+synapse to launch things. It's still great to see mint menu development being continued.
GeneC

Post by GeneC »

Bug Report filed on Launchpad. :?
https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint/+bug/1033273
If you want to register on Launchpad, you can add a comment. :wink:

Return to “Xfce”