Which release is the most popular?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LinuxLover1

Post by LinuxLover1 »

Which release of mint is the most popular? What version has the best 'eye candy'?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Which release is the most popular?

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator.

That is a rather subjective question :) But see the desktop environment popularity poll: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 3&t=100787. Cinnamon is the favourite there.
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

LM 13 KDE.
LinuxLover1 wrote:What version has the best 'eye candy'?
ZubenElgenubi

Post by ZubenElgenubi »

Well, any version with a bit of work can look very good.
Mint 11 Katya
Mint 13 Maya (Cinnamon)
Mint 13 Maya (MATE)
Same look :lol:
animaguy

Post by animaguy »

i was reading some websites on the standar firefox bookmarks on linuxmint 12 and there were awards given, if i remember correctly:

best laptop distro - ubuntu 12.04
best desktop distro - linux mint 12
best multi media - ubuntu studio
best live distro - knoppix
cant remember best security distro
and best server distro - centos

also there was a survey on best linux mint desktop

and i think mate won.

i prefer xfce myself
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

The popular vote will likely go to the latest releases of any derivation (lmde, lxde, Gnome or kde), unless there are too many user problems with installs or updates
--was happening with the initial release of the 13x versions..
Gnome (main edition) or Kde are likely to be slower, as they use more resources for a more enveloping Linux user experience !

Eye candy: personal style preferences is too much of a individual choice, however speed of boot or OS operation is more functional, so if you want performance you are better served by making a choice (your own of course and some lighter weight desktop theme (lxde, xfce, even LMDE is fast)
--but Boot speed cannot be the be-all/end-all of a user's OS experience, else what are they using the OS for: applications or clock watching ?

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”