Mintbox Pro

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
PurplePants
Level 1
Level 1

Mintbox Pro

Post by PurplePants »

Hi,

Does any know if M13 that comes with the Mintbox Pro is a custom version of M13 or is it the standard version that can be downloaded from the website? Reason for asking is because I'm interested in buying the Fit-PC version of the Mintbox Pro and install M13 onto it as Mintbox is not available to buy online from my country.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Mintbox Pro

Post by remoulder »

[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Does any know if M13 that comes with the Mintbox Pro is a custom version of M13,
or is it the standard version that can be downloaded from the website?
Okay - mine arrived today 8)
Mintbox is not available to buy online from my country.
I'm not in the USofA - so mine came from Israel. :|

--->

if I log-out & hit the 'sessions' - middle icon - there is a long list:-
- last sesion (default)
- xmbc
- cinnamon
-gnome - default
- gnome - low grapics-
- etc

Now - when it arrived, the install was *not* completed ( oem version, me thinks)
so, I had to give the local time / location, & username / pwd
& it finished the install ok.

upon boot, it went into a xmbc seesion, which threw me :(

so- I rebooted into gnome - basic, but I'm still lost.
- can't get the 'usual' desktop switcher to work - for multi desktop
- or any sound - it's all greyed out, & none of the h/w setting in 'sound control panel' - will work.

the Mint 13 "manual" speaks about 'mate' - & I'm not sure as to which version - was installed by fit-PC ( cinnamon ? )

I'm tempted to hook a usb DvD box onto this thing & run up a copy of Mint 13, myself,
just to "see any differences"
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
PurplePants
Level 1
Level 1

Post by PurplePants »

Thanks for the reply Pierre, it was exactly what I was looking for. If the supplied OS have configuration issues with hardware (ie sound) not working 100 percent, then I may just go for the no HD and no OS option, buy a 1T HD from a 3rd party and install Mint 13 myself.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Summary:- it does work quite well :D

- had to fiddle the the H/W settings & output / input settings in sound panel - to get any sound <analogue>
- I'd say- coz it's new - the hdmi adapter (to DVI) has to be pushed in firmly - to work

- haven't used cinnamon before - spent two days playing around with it.
- did get the virtual desktop thing to work - it's the S in the top / lhs corner
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”