Launcher single icon

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mike+9

Launcher single icon

Post by Mike+9 »

Hello. I am using inux Mint 13 Xfce and I was wondering how can I see more items in the application launcher. Now I can only see one. Here is a screen:

As you can see I can only see Chromium and then the little arrow which I can click to see the rest. I want to see all those items there, with no arrow. Is it possible? And if yes then how?

Oh, and also, every time I restart Linux I get that chose preferred web browser thing where I chose chromium every single time. Why wouldn't it just remember my option?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mike+9

Re: Launcher single icon

Post by Mike+9 »

I have managed to fix the preferred application. I have just disabled the default browser setting from chrome.
I still haven't figured out how to edit the launcher.
vortex59
Level 3
Level 3

Post by vortex59 »

Right click on the laucher and select "Properties". You will see some icons on the right (search, add, remove, edit, etc). For instance on the firefox launcher I added Thunderbird, gftp, pidgin, google-earth.
"A scientist is someone whose curiosity survives education's assaults on it". Sir Hermann Bondi
Mike+9

Post by Mike+9 »

vortex59 wrote:Right click on the laucher and select "Properties". You will see some icons on the right (search, add, remove, edit, etc). For instance on the firefox launcher I added Thunderbird, gftp, pidgin, google-earth.
I already did that and it shows me that little array. I want to make all those items there to appear without having to click the arrow. So I want to see all the items over there just like chromium.
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

Mike+9 wrote:...it shows me that little array. I want to make all those items there to appear without having to click the arrow. So I want to see all the items over there just like chromium.
Don't think this is possible without you having to edit the source code that pertains to this particular dialog box. I believe it is more of a design decision and the developer chose it to be a drop-down list instead of a scrollable list.

You will just have to live with it (or edit/compile the code yourself). After all, it's just a small extra click to see the list. No biggie.
Last edited by Pilosopong Tasyo on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
Mike+9

Post by Mike+9 »

Pilosopong Tasyo wrote:
Mike+9 wrote:...it shows me that little array. I want to make all those items there to appear without having to click the arrow. So I want to see all the items over there just like chromium.
Don't think this is possible without you having to edit the source code that pertains to this particular dialog box. It is a design decision and the developer chose it to be a drop-down selection instead of a scrollable list.

You will just have to live with it (or edit/compile the code yourself). After all, it's just a small extra click to see the list. No biggie.
I was starting to think the same. It's just that I was used to it like that in LXDE so I was wondering if I can do the same here. Well I guess I'll just live with it. Thank you both for the help here.
Bruce McL

Post by Bruce McL »

Mike+9 wrote:Hello. I am using inux Mint 13 Xfce and I was wondering how can I see more items in the application launcher. Now I can only see one. ... As you can see I can only see Chromium and then the little arrow which I can click to see the rest. I want to see all those items there, with no arrow. Is it possible? And if yes then how?
It's possible, and it's easy. Use only one app in the existing Launcher. Add a new Launcher to the Panel for each application you want to see.
Mike+9

Post by Mike+9 »

Bruce McL wrote:
Mike+9 wrote:Hello. I am using inux Mint 13 Xfce and I was wondering how can I see more items in the application launcher. Now I can only see one. ... As you can see I can only see Chromium and then the little arrow which I can click to see the rest. I want to see all those items there, with no arrow. Is it possible? And if yes then how?
It's possible, and it's easy. Use only one app in the existing Launcher. Add a new Launcher to the Panel for each application you want to see.
That's so simple it makes me laugh :lol: Thanks a lot for the help!
Bruce McL

Post by Bruce McL »

Mike+9 wrote:
Bruce McL wrote: It's possible, and it's easy. Use only one app in the existing Launcher. Add a new Launcher to the Panel for each application you want to see.
That's so simple it makes me laugh :lol: Thanks a lot for the help!
You are welcome. It made me laugh when I finally figured it out! Now I have a second panel set up as a dock, along the left side of the screen. It's filled with Launchers...

Return to “Xfce”