Intel Video Card Drivers

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Intel Video Card Drivers

Post by Husse »

Welcome to Mint
Good choice by your supplier, but things could have gone better
Open a terminal and run lspci and post the output here (you right click in a terminal to copy)
This will tell us a lot about your hardware - everything connected to PCI to be precise
I doubt Intel as good Intel drivers are installed by default
And please give me some time to answer - I have long working hours today and tomorrow - we are all unpaid volunteers....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Ok - you'll be fine except for compiz
Unfortunately the intel 965 is on the compiz blacklist - all other Intel works fine with compiz
It is an integrated graphics so the performance will never be "super" but you will have 3D and the lot, but compiz - sorry no
This means that you should choose none or normal in the visual effects tab of Appearances in Control Center
This is something we can't control ....
Husse

Post by Husse »

hmm
Search in Synaptic (Package manager) for xorg intel and you will get a short list of drivers Select the one that works for 965
TwinShadows
Level 1
Level 1

Post by TwinShadows »

A LOT of searching (and some help with my friend) manage to find out how to get the chipset off the blacklist by doing a bit of work to do it. I managed to get it running fine on here. (though I can't use it for more than a couple days or my laptop locks up...)

Return to “Hardware Support”