UP5

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Motion

UP5

Post by Motion »

Hi,

Came on LMDE 2 days ago and keen to be on the wave.

I set the repos to incoming this morning.

Here are the cosmetics issues (with Cinnamon, which seems to be the only concerned by issues here) :

- Changed theme : neither dash, nor square anymore in the corner of windows. In fact they are here but invisible.
- Font is white and often the background color is grey : we just cannot see a thing of what is written.

Ran into bunch of updates, everything else seems to work on my system.

Cheers,

Motion
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
chemicalfan

Re: UP5

Post by chemicalfan »

Yeah, these are the same issues I've got - I think it's related to something in Cinnamon being built for the older version of GTK3. I guess we just have to wait until the relevant component in Cinnamon is patched.....? :?
squeezy

Post by squeezy »

chemicalfan wrote:Yeah, these are the same issues I've got - I think it's related to something in Cinnamon being built for the older version of GTK3. I guess we just have to wait until the relevant component in Cinnamon is patched.....? :?
Not a problem with Cinnamon, it's a problem in the mint-x-theme package. It's like this no matter what DE you choose. This has been reported by numerous people so I'm sure Clem will be patching the theme.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

One more Update Pack 5 Feedback Thread?

As for the theme problem, it's not new, and here's the thread about it: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 8&t=101647

Return to “LMDE Archive”