How to use VNC (Remote Desktop) in LM13 Xfce?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
aelfinn

How to use VNC (Remote Desktop) in LM13 Xfce?

Post by aelfinn »

I would like to access a machine running LM13 Xfce via VNC, but is seems that no remote desktop software is included in that edition. What would I have to do to make that work?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Bruce McL

Re: How to use VNC (Remote Desktop) in LM13 Xfce?

Post by Bruce McL »

vino works well for me. I believe it is already installed. If not you can find it in Software Center or Synaptic Package Manager.

To set it up, open terminal and type

Code: Select all

vino-preferences
To start it, run the following command:

/usr/lib/vino/vino-server
In Menu: Settings: Session and Startup: Autostart tab, there is an entry called Desktop Sharing. That's vino, check the box and vino will start up automatically.

vino seems pretty stable unless I am adjusting fonts or appearance themes remotely. Then it quits sometimes.
lunatico

Post by lunatico »

Bruce McL wrote:vino works well for me. I believe it is already installed. If not you can find it in Software Center or Synaptic Package Manager.

To set it up, open terminal and type

vino-preferences
To start it, run the following command:

/usr/lib/vino/vino-server
In Menu: Settings: Session and Startup: Autostart tab, there is an entry called Desktop Sharing. That's vino, check the box and vino will start up automatically.

vino seems pretty stable unless I am adjusting fonts or appearance themes remotely. Then it quits sometimes.
Thanks very much for this. Simple and straight forward. Saved me some unnecessary googleing.
usbtux

Post by usbtux »

SSVNC via Software Manager or Synaptic works a treat :)

Return to “Xfce”