[solved] app icons not showing: Enlightenment

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Basel

[solved] app icons not showing: Enlightenment

Post by Basel »

Yesterday I installed E17 on a fresh mint 13 xfce installation. Works very good on my old (2.7Ghz p4 with 512mb memory) laptop, only there are almost no application icons showing in the menu' s. Not a real show stopper, but a bit annoying nevertheless (especially in a ibar with quick-starters).

Does someone know a trick to enable (tell e17 where to find all of them) the application icons (or did I overlook something)?
Or is the only way to show them: lookup where the icons live and add them manually for every application in every menu/bar?

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this kind of question, because I don't know if there are many more E17 users in the Mint community?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Re: app icons not showing: Enlightenment on mint 13 xfce,

Post by palo »

How did you add E17?
Basel

Post by Basel »

palo wrote:How did you add E17?
Synaptic package manager.
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

Ok - I installed from latest builds with Cinnamon base (figured the 'buntu version would be stale) so don't have direct experience with your problem as the icon themes I tried all work OTB. Have you tried using different icon themes?

Also - the same place you change icon themes - make sure the box is checked for "Enable icon theme for applications".

Pat
Basel

Post by Basel »

Thank you Pat,

Poked a bit around in the icon themes like you suggested. I don' t know why but suddenly all the icons are there. :shock:
Probably some sort of "finger-trouble" from my side. :oops:

Thanks for your time.

Problem solved.

Return to “Software & Applications”