Shutter hotkeys under LMDE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Algeorge

Shutter hotkeys under LMDE

Post by Algeorge »

Hi I have been using Mint Katya with no problems hotkeys, but LMDE seems different in that some hotkeys eg with Clipit are inconsistent, and with Shutter dont work at all.
I have gone through shutter settings, gconf-editor/apps/metacity, compiz settings. <Alt> Print works as a Gnome active window default Print, and [Print] comes up with modal form attached.

Just wondering if others are having similar problems with hotkeys, and if so, where could I report, if its a bug?
Thanks,
Alistair.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Algeorge

Re: Shutter hotkeys under LMDE

Post by Algeorge »

Have found errant hotkeys under Cinamon, but if I change to LMDE Gnome hotkeys perform properly.
xircon

Post by xircon »

Alistair

Looking at the screenshot - it should be /usr/bin not /user/bin, that might be the problem.

Steve
Algeorge

Post by Algeorge »

xircon wrote:Alistair

Looking at the screenshot - it should be /usr/bin not /user/bin, that might be the problem.

Steve
Hi very astute thanks. /usr/bin still does not work; only under Gnome.
Seems like a bug in Cinamon.
Regards,
Al.
xircon

Post by xircon »

I have just tried this (and it works), launch gnome-control-center, go to keyboard, shortcuts, custom and create:
Keyboard_002.png
You will be asked if you want to override the existing setting.
Algeorge

Post by Algeorge »

New postby xircon on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:56 pm
I have just tried this (and it works), launch gnome-control-center, go to keyboard, shortcuts, custom and create:
No that does not work for me and no override notice.
Thanks,
Al.
xircon

Post by xircon »

Most strange - that's me out of ideas :(

Return to “LMDE Archive”