LMDE XFCE couple issues. right click,ndiswrapper, and sound

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

LMDE XFCE couple issues. right click,ndiswrapper, and sound

Postby w2ibc on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:19 am

installed a fresh LMDE XFCE overall pretty sweet. couple problems ive stumbled into.

1. Ndiswrapper.

Ndiswrapper is installed BUT when you go to use it.. you get a fatal ndiswrapper module not found. only way to fix is to reinstall the ndiswrapper packages (seems in the live cd install the ndiswrapper module does not get put on the hdd) since the only way I can access the net is via wifi. Had I not had a crappy card that has native wifi drivers I would have been boned right then and there. And even though I had got the module into the 486 kernel. when I installed the pae for my quad core support I had to reinstall the ndis packages again to get the module into the pae kernel.

2. Right click. in the file browser say I wish to right click say linuxmint.mp3 (or any other file not folder) right click shows and drops so fast its a pain.. (should be right click a file you get a menu until you click somewhere else or make a selection.. well you dont get any time to do that cause its gone) only way to be able to use the r-click menu is to hold down the right click button. any fix for that? something ive overlooked?

3. sound is buggy to me.

cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [NVidia ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
HDA NVidia at 0xdfd78000 irq 22

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
ALSA lib conf.c:1220:(parse_def) show is not a compound
ALSA lib conf.c:1686:(snd_config_load1) _toplevel_:24:26:Unexpected char
ALSA lib conf.c:3406:(config_file_open) /usr/share/alsa/pulse-alsa.conf may be old or corrupted: consider to remove or fix it
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC888 Analog [ALC888 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 2: ALC888 Analog [ALC888 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I seem to be able to play a mp3 file, but teamspeak 3 is totally dead no sound period.
Linux nsa-081312 3.2.0-2-686-pae #1 SMP Mon Mar 5 01:59:18 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux
on the 486 kernel there is no sound period. the pae gets me sound. but its not totally correct.
LMDE XFCE pae-kernel since 8/12/12
w2ibc
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Other Topics