Software Manager Installed/Not Installed

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
craig100
Level 3
Level 3

Post by craig100 »

Could we have the "Not Installed" indication change to "Installed" when an install completes? Currently when an install is completed the only indication is "0 ongoing actions" as it still says "Not Installed" in the blue bar near the top. Catches me out everytime!

Craig
viking777

Re: Software Manager Installed/Not Installed

Post by viking777 »

Never having used the software manager, I can't comment with any certainty, but it seems like a pretty reasonable request to me, so why not put it here as well:

http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/search
animaguy

Post by animaguy »

I like this idea. I have learned a personal system for keeping track of everything currently installed on my Linux Mint OS.

I have not yet devised a method for keeping track of all installed repositories or the uninstalled programs that are available on all installed repositories.

Eventually I will have a system in place via the command line.

However it would be nice if there was a standard Linux Mint GUI that could do the job with the click of a few shiny buttons.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Software Manager Installed/Not Installed

Post by xenopeek »

This is already up for consideration by the developers over at the Community website: http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/view/2238

It's not really a missing feature so let's just call it what it is; a bug. I'm sure it wasn't intended to work this way :wink: Clem commented a while back the Software Manager needs an overhaul, so hopefully that is in the works soon.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”