SDL 1.3.3 Install?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
plowran
Level 2
Level 2

SDL 1.3.3 Install?

Post by plowran »

Im trying to find SDL 1.3.3, Im trying to install a few different software packages GENS, DGen, K9Copy & K3b and none of them seem to work.
I just went to try and compile GENS in the Terminal and its telling me that it cannot complete due to SDL 1.3.3 not being installed...
Im trying to find it in the Package Manager and the Software Portal but all that is coming up is software that requires it....
Where can I find this.....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: SDL 1.3.3 Install?

Post by dawgdoc »

There are many sdl packages in the repositories. A lot depends on which you specifically need, but the libsdl debian packages are at ver 1.2, search synaptic for libsdl or libsdl1.2. The only version 1.3 package is libsdl-console and it is at version 1.3-5. I checked the debian package search page for libsdl and did not find it to be any different with sid or experimental http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_packages.

You may have to compile an older version of GENS which can use sdl 1.2.
pnut_inspiron_1520

Post by pnut_inspiron_1520 »

Having the same problem, I am struggling to find an old version of gens lower then 2.15.
I did get Gens-s2hd 2.16.7.1 to work but this version is a beta and only supports two games as far as I can tell.

Regen/GTK+v0.95
http://www.aep-emu.de/emu/genesis/regen ... 95.tar.bz2
ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/opensuse/distribution/12.1/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/xorg-x11-libXv-32bit-7.6-9.1.2.x86_64.rpm

appears tobe working fine.
Lord_Zaos

Post by Lord_Zaos »

I know this is old. but I was looking for the same thing.

Say:

sudo apt-get install libsdl1.2-dev

and you have it!

Return to “LMDE Archive”