[SOLVED] Stability of f-spot

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
madwoollything

[SOLVED] Stability of f-spot

Post by madwoollything »

I've been using f-spot for a number of years and have a number of friend & family who are also using f-spot to manage their photos. F-spot used to be very stable and has some nice features.

Recently I've noticed that f-spot seems to crash a fair bit and I'm getting comments from friends & family who 'just want it to work'.

F-spot doesn't appear to have been updated recently and looking at the web site, the last release was in Dec 2010. I'm not sure if the stability issues are caused by running LMDE (MATE) or if this problem also exists in Mint 13?

Are their likely to be any updates to f-spot in the nearish future or is it time to move onto another package? What would be a good stable choice that will be well supported into the future ...... managing photos, labeling, sorting and some minor editing (red eye etc)?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Stability of f-spot

Post by xenopeek »

It appears the F-Spot project is dead. Probably why on Linux Mint 13 gThumb is the default. More alternatives to F-Spot: http://alternativeto.net/software/f-spo ... form=linux.

To be clear, are you asking for Linux Mint 13 or for LMDE? If for LMDE, I'd like to move this topic to the LMDE section of the forums :wink:
madwoollything

Re: Stability of f-spot

Post by madwoollything »

Thanks for the link. It's a shame about f-spot.

Most of friends and family are on LMDE.

Return to “LMDE Archive”