Mint-X themes - white text w/ gtk3.4 [SOLVED, patch incl.]

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
dclement

Re: Mint-X themes - white text w/ gtk3.4 [SOLVED, patch incl

Post by dclement »

I also reckon that the patch definitely improves, but there's still something slightly wrong even in Mint-X. Compare the "old" and "patch" look of gedit:
Capture_gedit_2.png
Capture_gedit.png
From the above examples, you can see that the patch does not quite restore the pre-gtk3-upgrade situation. Shouldn't the text background be plain white? Also, you can notice that the toolbars have been slightly affected.
I see this with Mint-X as well as Mint-X-Metal.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

I guess this has something to do with those differences I've noted (see this post). Try using theme_fg_color/theme_bg_color instead of fg_color/bg_color (or vice versa).
dclement

Post by dclement »

Yes, I have seen your post. But how should I do now that I've applied the patch? Is it correct to edit the patch file, and patch again?
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Why not? :) It would be easier to edit the file itself though, since there's no need to add any new lines in this case :)
doktornotor
Level 4
Level 4

Post by doktornotor »

dclement wrote:I also reckon that the patch definitely improves, but there's still something slightly wrong even in Mint-X.
So grab the master version from github as linked above. Still not the same? Sorry, go complain to Gnome folks upstream. People usually have better things to do than repairing absolutely pointless and undocumented borkage caused by every new minor GTK version released.
bugmenotprettyplz

Post by bugmenotprettyplz »

FWIW, Mint-X-Metal-Xfce has the same problem, but the same fix works too.
äxl

Post by äxl »

Thanks to all! Thought I had to downgrade GTK and lose Rhythmbox, Evolution etc. with it. :D
chemicalfan

Post by chemicalfan »

Bit of a bump (was sent here by http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 8&t=109545 then http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 8&t=101647), but is there a schedule for this to be included in an update to UP5?
pvincent

Post by pvincent »

thank you for the patch.
it works fine for me after patching.
gtk theme, gray color instead of yellow and white

Return to “LMDE Archive”