Nautilus starts every bootup and Desktop reverts

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Nautilus starts every bootup and Desktop reverts

Post by Fornhamfred »

I installed XFCE and changed the default desktop. After adding Awn dock and adding places to the dock, every time I bootup Nautilus opens and the desktop reverts back to the live cd version with icons for my computer, home and trash displayed.

Any help please.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Nautilus starts every bootup and Desktop reverts

Post by zerozero »

if you don't need/want nautilus, uninstall it (most if not all the functions are covered by the file manager you already have installed, thunar)
Fornhamfred
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Fornhamfred »

Thanks

Do you know what is causing nautilus to open automatically and change the desktop?

It is useful to have nautilus as I use bookmarks to access the shared drives on my windows machine and it appears that although you can add bookmarks in Thunar they do not stick after rebooting.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

well then it's a bit different, you do need nautilus, see this http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... =+nautilus
drdavidk

Post by drdavidk »

To sum up the linked thread: run 'nautilus --no-desktop' rather than just 'nautilus.' You should also run gconf-editor, click apps, then nautilus, then preferences, and untick "show desktop."
ukbrian

Post by ukbrian »

I use a NTFS partition for all my data, the partition has a label off "500-data".
I created a folder in my user folder called "500-data"
I add this line to my fstab

Code: Select all

LABEL=500-data       /home/user/500-data   ntfs-3g  defaults,uid=1000         0      0
so no need for nautilus

Return to “LMDE Archive”