Philips 5545URF Wireless Keyboard

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pappasmurf

Philips 5545URF Wireless Keyboard

Post by Pappasmurf »

Hi!
Is there a driver for a Philps 5545URF Wireless Keyboard?

I woul Appreciate some help to get the keyboard Working.

Many thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Philips 5545URF Wireless Keyboard

Post by Husse »

?
I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and it's just to use it (I don't have some of the special keys working and I did not have them working in XP either)
How is that keyboard connected? USB?
Pappasmurf

Post by Pappasmurf »

Hi!
Yes it's a USB dongle.

Regards
Husse

Post by Husse »

I'm sorry - all hits in google I've seen are irrelevant - either for Vista or in a language/alphabet I don't read
To my knowledge USB keyboards just work, so there must be something special with the USB dongle
Pappasmurf

Post by Pappasmurf »

Hi! Husse
First, many thanks for your time.

The keyboard worked OK during the installation of Daryna, But after the reboot keyboard and mouse just wouldn't work.

I have managed to find drivers for MS Windows 98 - Vista. Would these using WINE?

Many thanks.

Pappasmurf
Husse

Post by Husse »

Why not try with Wine
This can be one of these stupid cases when the firmware in the dongle needs some Windows "whatever" and when it does not get that it closes. You can't open it in Linux but in Win and many times it stays "open". I've seen that many times for wifi cards
Pappasmurf

Post by Pappasmurf »

Ureka!!
Hi! Husse
I've got both the keyboard and the mouse working. It was your last post that gave me the clue, "It should work out of the box". So I retuned the mouse to the dongle and that got the mouse working. But the ketboard would not tune to the dongle, now I'm thinking the keyboard is crap. Took out the battries put them back in, Hey presto! the Keyboard is working.

Many thanks for your help it is much appreciated, it just goes to show that we can't blame Linux for everything that goes wrong.

Incideatally the Win files are located at http://www.btc.com.tw/english/3-1-6-driver_download.htm .

Again many thanks

regards

Pappasmurf

Return to “Hardware Support”