Problem printing PDF files

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
PurplePants
Level 1
Level 1

Problem printing PDF files

Post by PurplePants »

Hi
I have two printers set up in my network via Ethernet. I have 2 PC installed with Mint and they've been set up to use these printers, but I am having problem getting them to print PDF files.

It is not a driver issue because I can print web pages, word doc, excel, email etc etc, that is apart from PDF files.

I have no problem reading pdf files and I can print preview it, but when I try to print from it, all I get is gibberish coming out of the printer.

Can you guys shed any light on how I can solve this?

The printers I have are HP 1015 and HP 2605dn. Both work OK printing everything except PDF....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Problem printing PDF files

Post by Husse »

The printers can't handle pdf obviously
This could be that processing of the "thing to print" is done on the printers and the format is somehow "off limit"
Is this for any pdf ?
One could suspect a difference between a pdf made by Adobe and one made by some other application
PurplePants
Level 1
Level 1

Post by PurplePants »

Upon further investigation, it seems that I'm only unable to print certain pdf files while others are OK :!: :!:
Husse

Post by Husse »

As I said
One could suspect a difference between a pdf made by Adobe and one made by some other application
Not necessary Adobe but different applications, and perhaps different files by the same application, and some contains "something" the printers regard as gibberish

Return to “Software & Applications”