Control system sound solved

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Control system sound

Post by Husse »

I hope you understand what I want to say
Actually not....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I don't recognize that one....
Which version do you use?
xfce, fluxbox?
This is not the gnome nor the KDE standard...
Alpha-Geek
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alpha-Geek »

Yes, that's the image I get on Gnome Linuxmint when I use the the volume buttons. Try going to Control Center>Sound & select the General tab. At the bottom you can select what is controlled by the volume buttons. Either Master or PCM is most commonly used.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Aha - I've got it
You've got a keyboard with multimedia keys among them at least volume
I found it when I tried the volume buttons on my Logitech keyboard - I don't think they work in Windows but now they do :)
There must be some setting for this to work I think - I'll have to explore...
Husse

Post by Husse »

Alpha-Geek, I cannot find a "General"-Tab in my sound settings :(
Neither can I - and this made me explore these keyboard buttons. I have so far not found where they are configured, I would guess the gconf-editor but have not found them there
This has to be something that I'll come back to you about when or if I find a solution - and googling this is not easy. Bump this topic at the end of the week if you have not received an answer. Yes it takes time and you can live without a solution, but I'll try to find it
Alpha-Geek
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alpha-Geek »

@Alcatraz
Sorry 'bout that. Thats what happens when I try to work from memory. Should have said "Devices" tab. NOT "General" Glad you found a "fix". This is what I was talking about.
sound.png

Return to “Sound”