Icon text highlighting on XFCE

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
No support questions here please.
Do not post ideas for application developers. Please use GitHub for Cinnamon and Nemo ideas.

Icon text highlighting on XFCE

Postby hoppimike on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:29 pm

I just edited the .gtkrc-xfce file and changed the second line from:

Code: Select all
XfdesktopIconView::label-alpha = 0

simply to:

Code: Select all
XfdesktopIconView::label-alpha = 100

Any chance this could be made the default? It can be very hard or even impossible to read the plain black, unhighlighted text below the icons in Mint XFCE on some wallpapers. For example, if someone had a black wallpaper, the icon text would disappear entirely!

Thanks guys - this was literally my ONLY issue with Linux Mint 13 Xfce... it's a very, very good OS!!

Hoppi :)
"You'll be trying Linux Mint Cinnamon Edition."
"What's that... for cooks?"
hoppimike
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Icon text highlighting on XFCE

Postby rkmugen on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:30 pm

I'd like to add to this feature request...

1) Make these options available for the user to fine-tune in "xfce4-appearance-settings" under a new tab, "Color Scheme" or just "Colors". It'd be great if there were also a built-in RGB/HTML color wheel/slider for greater precision.

2) GIve the option for users to toggle "inverted colors" (or "negative color") for desktop icon text. This way, regardless of the kind of wallpaper they choose, the icon's text (label and "selected/highlighted label" after being clicked) would have colors that are negative in relation to the wallpaper. Like if I had a black wallpaper, the text would be white. OR, the text would remain black, but the icon label would be white.... and the highlighted label would be a translucent shade of gray.
My setup:
    *Linux Mint 13 XFCE 32-bit (Until the next LTS release)
    *Linux Mint 15 XFCE (RC) 32-bit (Tried...Failed)
    *Compaq Presario V2000 (from 2006) - Intel 1.5GHz (Pentium M) - 2 GB RAM - Intel 82852/855GM integrated video (i915)- WiFi
rkmugen
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Suggestions & New Ideas