Icon text highlighting on XFCE

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
hoppimike

Icon text highlighting on XFCE

Post by hoppimike »

I just edited the .gtkrc-xfce file and changed the second line from:

Code: Select all

XfdesktopIconView::label-alpha = 0
simply to:

Code: Select all

XfdesktopIconView::label-alpha = 100
Any chance this could be made the default? It can be very hard or even impossible to read the plain black, unhighlighted text below the icons in Mint XFCE on some wallpapers. For example, if someone had a black wallpaper, the icon text would disappear entirely!

Thanks guys - this was literally my ONLY issue with Linux Mint 13 Xfce... it's a very, very good OS!!

Hoppi :)
rkmugen

Re: Icon text highlighting on XFCE

Post by rkmugen »

I'd like to add to this feature request...

1) Make these options available for the user to fine-tune in "xfce4-appearance-settings" under a new tab, "Color Scheme" or just "Colors". It'd be great if there were also a built-in RGB/HTML color wheel/slider for greater precision.

2) GIve the option for users to toggle "inverted colors" (or "negative color") for desktop icon text. This way, regardless of the kind of wallpaper they choose, the icon's text (label and "selected/highlighted label" after being clicked) would have colors that are negative in relation to the wallpaper. Like if I had a black wallpaper, the text would be white. OR, the text would remain black, but the icon label would be white.... and the highlighted label would be a translucent shade of gray.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”