Youtube video's in linux mint 13 KDE 4.9

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
biohzRd

Youtube video's in linux mint 13 KDE 4.9

Post by biohzRd »

Hello,

after countless of hours and numourus websites and 'fixes' i'm getting tired of this problem.

When i'm playing youtube video's i'm having several problems :

- After 15/20 sec the sound and video lags a little bit (choppy)
- Full screen doesn't work gets completly messed up
- Second screen full screen pops to screen 1 again and gets screwed up

Now because you need the details of my system i'll be glad to give them.

Browser : Chrome
System : Linux mint 13 kde 4.9
Gfx card : Ati 5700 HD --> got the normal drivers
Dual screen : one 24" inch (1920x1080) , one 22" inch (1680x1050)

What I tried so far (there could be "the fix" in it but because of a series diffrent fixes it's possible it doesn't work)

- Reinstalled adobe flash
- Tried full screen addon from chrome
- Tried several alternatives
- Hardware accel
- Ubuntu restriced codecs (extra's)

So if someone could give me a nice and full tutorial on how you got it working in this distro with dual screen monitors.

Sorry if this is the 100000x topic for it, but after reading so many topics about it I just can't stand it anymore.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RJim

Re: Youtube video's in linux mint 13 KDE 4.9

Post by RJim »

I am by no means an expert, but I have had to troubleshoot some flash problems when I was installing my system.
What exactly do you mean when you say it "gets messed up"? This is important because there are many things that could happen.
Personally I have seen problems ranging from blue colors, excessive resource usage and random crashes.
I might be able to help if those are your problems, but if it is something else, then someone else will need to step in.

It should be noted that I do not use Chrome, but I use Midori, Firefox and Konqueror.
I am assuming since you said that you tried alternatives that means you tried other browsers. I am curious though, have you tried streaming a youtube video with an app such as VLC? That could help to at least eliminate some possibilities of the culprit.

--Jim
emptybb

Re: Youtube video's in linux mint 13 KDE 4.9

Post by emptybb »

it is the chrome related error with built in flash player...
try this: in adress bar type in "about:plugins", you should see installed plugins. Click on "details" button and there should be two different versions of flash player. Leave enabled one located here "/opt/mint-flashplugin-11/libflashplayer.so" and the second version disable. I hope i was helpfull...
p.s. sorry for my bad english :D

Return to “Software & Applications”