Mint is great!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
grasshoppa

Mint is great!

Post by grasshoppa »

Hi,

I am relatively new to linux. A while ago I broke the HDD on my netbook, and I eneded up getting an SSD and installing ubuntu on it. I was not impressed with the performance, it was very slow. I basically gave up on my netbook and stopped using it for a long time. But I had to format my SSD on my main computer (video driver issues that could not be resolved), so I did a secure erase on my netbook SSD as well and decided to try a new distros.

I've been playing around with it all day and I love it. It's so much faster, and feels cleaner and less clunky than ubuntu and I am glad I made the switch. I am looking forward to using my netbook once again, and hopefully I can learn a lot from the community here.

Thanks for the great OS!

-grasshoppa
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mint is great!

Post by xenopeek »

Hi grasshoppa, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums!

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas), and the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint.
jesica

Post by jesica »

elcome to the forum :mrgreen:
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard

Return to “Introduce Yourself”