Headphone and speaker sound control

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pichagi

Headphone and speaker sound control

Post by pichagi »

Hi, I've searched around for a solution to this problem and have discovered that many others are having the same problem but no one have been able to resolve this issue. I've recently installed Linux Mint 12 (mate) on my mom's Fujitsu Lifebook n6110. Everything works out of the box except for one thing. When she plugs the headphones in the speakers continue working. The work around I have found is to open up alsamixer through the terminal and lower the speaker volume there. I have no problem with that but my mom is not very teksavy and I would like it for her to be as user-friendly as possible, therefore not having to make her go through the terminal. Is there a better permanent solution to this problem?

Thanks

Best regards
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Headphone and speaker sound control

Post by remoulder »

Don't have access to that desktop or version at present, but sound output should be configurable via the speaker icon in the tray's right click menu > sound settings.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
pichagi

Post by pichagi »

Thanks @ remoulder,

for the response. Yes I am not new to Linux Mint and I did know about right clicking on the speaker icon, however when I do there is no option as to control the speakers or headphones individually; The only way I know is through alsamixer.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Maybe you didn't see the Sound Settings bit?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Sound”