KDE panel weather widgets don't work

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pongo

KDE panel weather widgets don't work

Post by pongo »

I have enabled both the weather forecast and LCD weather station panel widgets. The LCD thing doesn't seem to work, no matter where I set the location for. Naturally, I first tried my home location in western NV, USA, and then (because the info apparently comes from wetter.com) I tried Frankfurt am Main, a suitably large place in Germany. No data for either, though it says "updated today at 03:26 pm." I presume it just gets the METAR for the given location for its data. If it would just display that, I'd be happy. As it is, I got nothin.

The forecasts widget returns what looks to be the proper local forecast when I click on it, but does anyone know if it is supposed to show the temperature when it is just sitting in the panel or on mouse-over? It just shows a small window with the name of the place on mouse-over, but no data.

Is there any way to specify a US location but use 24 hour clock in KDE? I hate am/pm; military and science folks get so used to 24 hour and UTC that we miss them in other contexts. Oddly, it seems that you can set the clock widget to display ISO dates but not 24 hour time with a US location.

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
graphius

Re: KDE panel weather widgets don't work

Post by graphius »

I had the panel working for a while, but now it has stopped.

It looks like environment Canada was having problems. It seems to be working now...

Return to “Software & Applications”