Looking for a Specific Music Player

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
YoshiFtJ

Looking for a Specific Music Player

Post by YoshiFtJ »

Hey all.

I had this music player a year or two ago. I do not recall the name but I really liked it.

I left Linux for awhile but now that I am back, I would like this player again. The best details I can recall about it is that it had a gorgeous album display and it's icon had a donkey or a mule or something.

If you can help me find this player again, I would very much appreciate it!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: Looking for a Specific Music Player

Post by nomko »

Did you tried the other music players? Banshee, Rhythmbox, Vlc, Totem?

They support a lot of music files and have improved over the years, more options added.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

I don't use the album browse feature, so can't match based on that. The only music player I know that has an animal in its logo, that remotely appears like what you describe, is gmusicbrowser: http://gmusicbrowser.org/ (though I guess this is a camel).

Here is a list of other music players for Linux, either their names or logos may ring a bell for you : http://alternativeto.net/software/quod- ... form=linux. After using Rhythmbox for years, I've recently switched to Quod Libet as Rhythmbox has been broken by the Gnome 3 developers. Quod Libet has an impressive number of plugins, and lots of ways to browse your music (much more, and well organized, features than Rhythmbox). You may like it. Very lightweight to boot :D

And as nomko shares, the other music players have improved over the years also. Though I can understand your desire to match what you enjoyed in the past.
YoshiFtJ

Post by YoshiFtJ »

Nah man, you got it. It was that Damned camel, ha ha.

I've been using Banshee, but it doesn't want to add my samba share music folders. I can play songs from the file system, though.

I think I linked network music to the library and the album art sorting was very pretty in gmusicbrowser . If there is something like that nowadays I'd love to check it out.

Return to “Open Chat”