(SOLVED) How to set Gwenview as default application

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
midas
Level 4
Level 4

(SOLVED) How to set Gwenview as default application

Post by midas »

A strange thing happens when I choose to open photo-ducuments in Dolphin. The photos (JPG) are opened in Okular...the pictures look terrible sloppy this way. But how to set Gwenview als default-application for viewing photos?

Thanks, midas
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon (64 bits)
zerozero

Re: How to set Gwenview as default application

Post by zerozero »

try this:
systemsettings > file associations (you should be able there to set it)
midas
Level 4
Level 4

Re: How to set Gwenview as default application

Post by midas »

My goodness...was quite easy to do. Thanks a lot!

Greetz, midas
Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon (64 bits)
someonelost

Re: (SOLVED) How to set Gwenview as default application

Post by someonelost »

hmmm... I was actually trying to set Okular as default for pdfs, but I went to system settings and there was no file associations option :? , there was a details option but only had defaults for web, photo and stuff, no option for pdf. I'm pretty surprised you can't go to a pdf document and right click to set the default application to open it with (like in Windows), you can right click and choose what to open it with but to do that everytime is too inconvenient.
someonelost

Post by someonelost »

Hold on, you can actually do it from going to the pdf document and right clicking on it, but not by selecting the 'open with other application' option (as in Windows) as this selection doesn't stay permanent. Instead go to the properties option, 'open with' tab and select application and click 'Set as default'. This will permanently change the default application for all pdfs (all will so work with all file types). This is better if you have particular file since finding it in System Settings can be difficult. :D
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

glad it worked that way for you :D but you should have a search-box in systemsettings
FichenDich

Post by FichenDich »

If only every problem in life was so simply and instantly resolvable :!: I have been wanting for some time now to replace Okular with Gwenview as the default image opener. Until five minutes ago I had been rather desultory about tracking down the solution. :D

Return to “Software & Applications”