Hi everybody

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pete731

Hi everybody

Post by Pete731 »

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I'm in the process of putting Mint 13 (MATE) on my new netbook, and I'm certain I'll have questions. I had Ubuntu 9.04 on my old gateway laptop, really liked it, but it is large and clumsy, and the battery has worn out to the point where it only gets an hour or so on a full charge. So I got my self a cheap little netbook for traveling and work, until I can save up for a better computer, and have discovered that windows 7 basic is rather, well, basic. And somewhat useless. So have decided to give Mint a try. So far I've managed to boot into Mint off of a usb stick, and all my hardware worked right away, which is nice. So my next step is to make with the partitioning and installing this weekend! Wish me luck :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Hi everybody

Post by The-Wizard »

welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to Mint :mrgreen:
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi Pete731, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums!

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas). You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint. Oh, and good luck with the install :wink:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”