User Management

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
teilnehmer

User Management

Post by teilnehmer »

Hey there,

I just installed Mint 13 XFCE and am very pleased. I notice, though, that as of now there's no graphical user management tool.
I know how to add a user with

Code: Select all

sudo adduser lisa
but for the 10-year-old in my household I want an account without a password prompt. When I add her as above, I can't enter no password. Where can I change her login behavior so she just has to enter her username?
I'd be happy with either a graphical tool I can install or a terminal solution.

Also, I'd like to have a user list at the splash screen, instead of the text-field. I know where this is edited (system > "Anmeldefenster" - my system is German). Where do I find new configuration files that I can add for a greater choice of splash screens?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
psimon

Re: User Management

Post by psimon »

found this post looking for info about why this has gone missing.

i also will just use a terminal, but i have LM installed for several people who don't use a terminal, previously i could have tried talking them through adding a new user using the GUI on the phone.

(PS is this because the user man GUI was awful.)
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: User Management

Post by altair4 »

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install gnome-system-tools
Then: Menu > System > Users and Groups
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
teilnehmer

AW: User Management

Post by teilnehmer »

Thanks a lot, that did the trick! :)

Return to “Xfce”