Mint Menu ...

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Mint Menu ...

Post by tenfoot »

Read in the subject "My Issue with Mint" about changing the Menu icon, so thought I would experiment, which I did. However, after using the different options for a while, I've decided I prefer the default icon but how do I get back to it? All I can find is the Ubuntu icon to display the Mint menu.

I'm bereft :-(

Tenfoot
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Mint Menu ...

Post by MagnusB »

Use Appearance - Theme - Customize, select the Icon tab. Or you need to use the configuration editor if you have changed the settings there, I'm not in Mint right now and I don't remember the default value...
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
Husse

Post by Husse »

I'm not sure but I think removing and then adding the menu to the panel would do it
(Right click the panel, but I think you know that)
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tenfoot »

MagnusB wrote:Use Appearance - Theme - Customize, select the Icon tab. Or you need to use the configuration editor if you have changed the settings there, I'm not in Mint right now and I don't remember the default value...
Thanks for your response. I've now found that my memory was at fault :-) The icon to which I was referring was the one on the panel which has Daryna to the right. My memory said that it was NOT the default Ubuntu one. So, I was looking for something different, even though I only vaguely remembered (falsely) how it looked. Anyway, I've now fired up my laptop and found, to my uttter embarrassment, that the Ubuntu icon IS the default one.

My apologies for wasting bandwith!

tenfoot

Return to “Software & Applications”