Mint-debian 13 live cd wont boot

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Wycito

Mint-debian 13 live cd wont boot

Post by Wycito »

Hi all
I normally do not resort to writing on forums since most of my questions are answered by googling around, this time I have no luck.
Have used linux for 5 years now and after ubuntu went unity (wich I cant learn to love) I decided to give Mint debian a Spin, after installing into my VMWare 8 workstation with absolutely no issues as well as in virtualbox.
Now when I try to install it hangs (after checking the cd integrity and checking hte md5 checksum) have tried to disable usb 1.1, ACPI version, cpu overclocki, disconnected all extra USB devices even disabled the USB support and went with a PS2 keyboard.
When it boots in regular mode it hangs at "populating /dev devices, when trying hte compatibility mode it hangs in different places.
I have:
Asus p5k-vm
Nvidia GTX 550 Ti
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz
8 gigs of Mushkin Ram

Has anyone had this issue?
it does not get to the GUI login, just hangs in the first 20 lines

I tried right after to boot Ubuntu 11.10 live CD and had NO ISSUES

Thank you all for you help in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Mint-debian 13 live cd wont boot

Post by zerozero »

hi Wycito :)
welcome to the forum and to mint.

just a small correction to your post: there's no mint-debian 13; lmde doesn't follow the numbering scheme as the ubuntu-based editions,(the numbers you see with the isos refer to the date of the respin)

now to this issue here: i believe that the problem is the nvidia card; try to boot with kernel boot options http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 76#p620886
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here by moderator
Wycito

Post by Wycito »

Absolutely, thanks for the clarification in the distro name, will try the kernel options and let you know

Return to “LMDE Archive”