Not A Question.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jokersloose

Not A Question.

Post by jokersloose »

Hi everyone wanted to introduce myself. I'm James. I'm kind of new to linux. I have been running Kubuntu 7.10 on my desktop for about a month now. And wanted to try out a different distro and heard a lot of good things about Mint. So loaded it on my laptop. When I ran the LiveCD it gave me a few issues 1. No sound (still working on this one) 2. No wireless signal. However, once I loaded the OS the wireless worked. Also, when I loaded I had some "issues" with some of the fonts being to large to read. The username/password I typed, the fonts in Amarok. But once I got it on line and enabled one of the video drivers that fixed itself. So fare I have to say I really like the feel and look of mint. I really like the clean look of the desktop.

So sorry if posted in the wrong spot. Just wanted to say "HEY" and I look forward to learning Mint. :D

James
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BakUp
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Not A Question.

Post by BakUp »

Hi everyone wanted to introduce myself. I'm James.
Hi James, glad to know you.
So sorry if posted in the wrong spot.
Oh, I don't know.......maybe in the chat section: Chat about Linux Mint
Just wanted to say "HEY" and I look forward to learning Mint.
I am glad you introduced yourself, welcome to the Mint community, you will find many helpful users here, a great forum.
My Linux Distros:
sidux - Parsix - DreamLinux - Mint
MagnusB
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MagnusB »

Maybe you should have posted this in the Chat section, but it doesn't matter. Welcome to Mint :)
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
--Dean Martin
jokersloose

Post by jokersloose »

Yeah, I posted this and "then" looked at the other forums. DUH!! Can ya tell I'm from the "NOW" generation LOL.

Thanks for the welcome. I have gotten some great help here. And I look forward to learning enough that I might be able to give back what has been given to me one day.

Thanks again,
James

Return to “Beginner Questions”