Request for Linux Mint 13 oem 32bit ISO

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ukclearance

Request for Linux Mint 13 oem 32bit ISO

Post by ukclearance »

Hi, my company sells refurbished PCs of which most can support the 64bit version of Linux mint 13 but we do occasionally get some older PCs and laptops which don't have 64bit cpus so require a 32bit version and i have done a fair bit of searching but can't find a 32bit OEM iso for Mint 13.
Please can we have a 32bit oem version of Linux mint 13 so we can start to offer Linux mint on these older PCs?

thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
OldManHook

Re: Request for Linux Mint 13 oem 32bit ISO

Post by OldManHook »

Left Side Linux Mint 13 download page...32 Bit..Happy Down Loading :idea: :idea:
ukclearance

Post by ukclearance »

Forgive me if im sounding stupid but i don't see a 32bit OEM version on the downloads page only 64bit OEM versions and regular end user versions in 32bit. Can you provide me a direct link to the 32bit OEM version you mentioned?

thanks
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Might not be available as yet..
http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2046
  • The following OEM installation images are now available:
    Linux Mint 13 MATE OEM 64-bit
    Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon OEM 64-bit

Reminder: OEM images are for computer vendors and manufacturers. They allow Linux Mint to be “pre-installed” on a machine which is then used by another person than the one who performed the installation. After an OEM installation, the computer is set in such a way that the next reboot features a small setup screen where the new user/customer has the ability to choose his/her username, password, keyboard layout and locale.
OldManHook

Post by OldManHook »

Sorry :)
Thanks DrHu for the Correction :)
I was thinking about the No Codec Version :) :)
ukclearance

Post by ukclearance »

Is there any plan to release an 32bit OEM version of mint 13 in the future? I noticed from the blog post that was linked too that im not the only one who is looking for a 32bit oem edition
I tried to 'convert' a 32bit end user version to oem myself, managed to get the installer to run as the oem (temporary user) then installed oem config package but after running oem-config-prepare when it reboots its still logging in as oem user and i am stuck on how to get it to work correctly so really could do with a proper 32bit oem iso where someone who knows what they are doing has got it working

thanks

Return to “Non-technical Questions”