SUN-JAVA FOR FIREFOX VS ICEDTEA-JAVA FOR MIRO

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lanrun
Level 3
Level 3

SUN-JAVA FOR FIREFOX VS ICEDTEA-JAVA FOR MIRO

Post by lanrun »

Until today JAVA applets in Mozilla Firefox has worked. But today it doesn't work. Has the JAVA plugin disappeared? According to synaptic it seems to be there: sun-java6-plugin. When I want to login to my Internet bank, the java applet will not start.
I use Mint 4.0 main edition.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lanrun
Level 3
Level 3

Re: JAVA PLUGIN FOR FIREFOX

Post by lanrun »

lanrun wrote:Until today JAVA applets in Mozilla Firefox has worked. But today it doesn't work. Has the JAVA plugin disappeared? According to synaptic it seems to be there: sun-java6-plugin. When I want to login to my Internet bank, the java applet will not start.
I use Mint 4.0 main edition.
I think I have found the problem.
The thing is I installed MIRO, and to get MIRO to run I had to install icedtea-java7. I installed icedtea-java7 packages jre, bin and plugin from synaptic package manager.
I have now removed the icedtea-java7 packages, but kept the sun-java6 (bin, jre and plugin), and the JAVA applets in FIREFOX works.
Maybe it is the icedtea-java7-plugin package that messed this up?
Now MIRO doesn't work, I must now try and see what happens when I install only jre and bin packages from icedtea-java7.
lanrun
Level 3
Level 3

Re: SUN-JAVA FOR FIREFOX VS ICEDTEA-JAVA FOR MIRO

Post by lanrun »

MIRO won't run with only jre and bin package.
My conclusion to this is that sun-java for Firefox and icedtea-java for MIRO doesn't fit together. Icedta-java destroys the function of sun-java.

Return to “Software & Applications”