Post by scriptham »

Hi

I am running Mint LMDE booted from a usb memory stick. Version as follows:
mint@mint ~ $ cat /etc/*release
DISTRIB_ID=LinuxMint
DISTRIB_RELEASE=1
DISTRIB_CODENAME=debian
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Linux Mint Debian Edition"

At the moment all I want to do is use ImageWriter to write a Debian image to an SD card for my Raspberry Pi. ImageWriter calls for a PWD but I haven't set one.

I have tried the usual PWD's,
admin, administrator, user, demo, password, root, Root, mint, Mint, debian, Debian, LMDE, enter through
toor, nimda, drowssap, tnim
None of them work.

I understand that a PWD is not set as a default.
Can anyone explain what is going on please?
How do I get to run ImageWriter please?

Thanks

Scriptham.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jailfindery

Re: Boot From USB Root PWD

Post by Jailfindery »

scriptham wrote: ImageWriter calls for a PWD but I haven't set one.
I am assuming you are indeed talking about the root password. I have not used ImageWriter before, so forgive me.
scriptham wrote:Can anyone explain what is going on please?
The root password on the LiveCD is, to my knowledge, not documented. This makes it impossible to login as the root user in Live mode (for security purposes, I assume). However, sudo works just fine. Note that sudo will not prompt for a password, so use it with caution.
scriptham wrote:How do I get to run ImageWriter please?

Open a terminal and type "sudo imagewriter" without quotes. This will allow you to run imagewriter with superuser privileges. If that does not work, you can try "sudo su -c imagewriter" without quotes. It all depends on how the program works. You should then be able to use ImageWriter without any issues.

Return to “LMDE Archive”