SOLVED: Gnome in Maya

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
swizz69

SOLVED: Gnome in Maya

Post by swizz69 »

Am currently using Mint 12 with Gnome Shell.

I'd like to upgrade to Maya but see Gnome has been dropped. This may sound unfashionable :oops: but does anyone know whether Gnome 3 can work with Maya if installed retrospectively?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Gnome in Maya

Post by remoulder »

swizz69 wrote:Gnome has been dropped
This is incorrect, Mint 13 has gnome 3, what it doesn't have by default is gnome shell and MGSE. Gnome shell can be installed, it is just another desktop environment, I am using it now. The MGSE extensions are no longer available.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
swizz69

Re: Gnome in Maya

Post by swizz69 »

Thanks for that - will knock up a usb stick and have a look.
cwwgateway

Re: SOLVED: Gnome in Maya

Post by cwwgateway »

To install gnome shell, start with the Cinnamon edition (which I suggest you try, as it is basically MGSE + a LOT of other stuff - some gnome shell stuff), install gnome-shell and everything that comes with it, and then you can install extensions (some of which are similar to MGSE) from http://extensions.gnome.org.

Return to “Software & Applications”