Hiya! Just signed up! :)

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pikachu6708

Hiya! Just signed up! :)

Post by Pikachu6708 »

Hi there! I just signed up today, and I read a little into Mint and it looks great, especially the Cinnamon spin.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Hiya! Just signed up! :)

Post by tdockery97 »

Welcome, Pikachu6708. Have a look around, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Pikachu6708

Post by Pikachu6708 »

Thanks! In addition, if you're wondering about my username, I didn't think when I put it in. XD
caerolle

Post by caerolle »

Hi Pikachu6708! :)

Welcome to the Linux Mint Forums! :)

Sounds like you are browsing at this point, haven't tried any of the OSes yet? What OS are you coming from? Obviously, I am biased, since I am here, but I feel Mint take on Linux is awesome! I tried several distros along the way, and Mint was the only one that just worked for me, even with a online game viewer I use, which is finicky (couldn't get it to work with any other distro). Plus, I like the community here, seems a bit less hardcore than some other Linux places.

If you have any questions about any of the various flavors of Mint (MATE, Cinnamon, KDE, Xfce, or otherwise), I think it is safe to just ask. I am new here too, so can't say definitively, as most forums want you to look for previous answers first so people aren't answering the same questions over and over. However, I know I spent a lot of time researching the old threads, but it can be really hard to get simple, clear answers that way, and some of the info may be outdated, as things change a bit with each new release.

Great to have you here! I hope you continue to explore the Linux Mint world!

Caerolle :)
Pikachu6708

Post by Pikachu6708 »

Thanks!! :D And I have Crunchbang installed on my ancient box, and I've mucked around a little bit with Ubuntu, Fedora, and Tiny Core, along with GhostBSD.
The-Wizard

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
Pikachu6708

Post by Pikachu6708 »

Thanks!
YanOri
Level 1
Level 1

Post by YanOri »

Welcome to the forums, have a great time here :)
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to the forum :mrgreen:
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi Pikachu6708, I'm a little bit late to the welcoming party but welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums!

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas), and the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon.

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint.
Pikachu6708

Post by Pikachu6708 »

OK. Thanks!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”