Where is everybody on #linuxmint-chat?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
caerolle

Where is everybody on #linuxmint-chat?

Post by caerolle »

Hi, Vincent, sorry, this is a bit OT, but maybe not too bad, since you brought up the IRC channels. I have gone several times to the general chat channel, and lots of people log on and off, but noone seems to ever talk? I have not jumped in, wanted to get a little of an idea of what the environment is like, first.

Is it a time zone thing, maybe? I am in Eastern Time in the US, maybe most users are in Europe? Or am I doing something wrong, perhaps?

Thanks!

Caerolle :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Where is everybody on #linuxmint-chat?

Post by xenopeek »

Hi, I've split your post from the original topic and moved it here. Seems like a better place for it :)

#linuxmint-chat can be a little less populated, perhaps still also due to summer vacations in some countries. The connect/disconnects you see are mostly from users just having a look at XChat, or those that are visiting the #linuxmint-help channel specifically. There are a few other Linux Mint channels you can visit, which are more active. Most relevant would be #pimpmymint, which is an another off-topic channel for users of Linux Mint (language used may be unsuitable for minors as, unlike the other channels, this is moderated less strictly by the operators). There is also #linuxmint-dev where the Linux Mint developers and the community developers contributing to Cinnamon hang out.

To join a different channel, you can either configure that in XChat > Network List, then Edit and add it to you Favorite channels. Or, to give it a try, just type in #linuxmint-chat or #linuxmint-help the following:

Code: Select all

/join #pimpmymint
(Or replace with one of the other channels.)
caerolle

Re: Where is everybody on #linuxmint-chat?

Post by caerolle »

Thanks, Vincent, for bumping my post to its own thread, and for the answer! I do hope to meet some Linux people, will try some of the other channels.

Also, speaking of metaverse communications, at the risk of sounding like a complete flake/dork/non-serious-user/all-of-these, if anyone is ever in Second Life and wants to talk Linux, you can find me as Caerolle Llewellyn, I am there a lot at night, US EST/EDT.

Caerolle :)

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”