I can't install linux mint13 inside windows 7 , any help

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
7odah

I can't install linux mint13 inside windows 7 , any help

Post by 7odah »

hi ,
I'm a new linux user ..
I'm trying to install linux mint 13 inside windows 7 but it wont to ! i tried the 32 and 64 bit , both same . after installation and reboot I have this massage . I did what it said but didn't work .. so how can I fix please ?

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: I can't install linux mint13 inside windows 7 , any help

Post by karlchen »

Hello, 7odah.

About performing a successful Mint4win installation of Linux Mint 13 32-bit:
Please, read this Howto: How to Perform a Mint4win Installation of Mint 13 32-bit.
The 32-bit ISOs are all affected by the same flaw. The Howto will tell you how to work around the flaw.

About performing a successful Mint4win installation of Linux Mint 13 64-bit:
This should work out of the box. The 64-bit ISOs are not affected by the flaw mentioned above.
Are you sure your 64-bit ISO really is a 64-bit ISO? Have you verified the checksum?
Maybe, too, you had not removed the remaining pieces of a previous failed Mint4win installation prior to trying the Mint4win installation of Linux Mint 13 64-bit? (64-bit Mayas have never sent me to Busybox.)

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
zerozero

Re: I can't install linux mint13 inside windows 7 , any help

Post by zerozero »

[moved here]

Return to “Installation & Boot”