KDE Mint update program [solved]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
k0mll

KDE Mint update program [solved]

Post by k0mll »

I have Maya KDE installed on this old computer (Pentium 4, 1.7ghz w/ 1.3g ram, NVIDIA gforce 2) Everything runs pretty good. I have a problem with the updating program. When the Panel Icon indicates upgrades are available, I click, enter password and the p.w. window and tray icon go away and no further windows are displayed. I use Synaptic to install upgrades manually. I saw when Distrowatch evaluated they had the same problem. Any tweeks or ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
midas
Level 4
Level 4

Re: KDE Mint update program

Post by midas »

Did you apply all the updates after installing?
Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon (64 bits)
Adelante

Post by Adelante »

Try using Synaptic to uninstall and then reinstall the update manager. It should work after that. At least, it has on my computer.
k0mll

Post by k0mll »

Sorry haven't checked, due to no updates to test... until today. Thanks for the replies. When I first installed Maya, it failed to bring in the updates via the update manager. I used synaptic to bring it current at that time.

Last week I added a ppa to update KDE to the latest and greatest and did that update. Today it successfully updated MINT via the update manager.

It looks fine, a huge set of files were updated, hopefully the problem is solved, I'll attempt to mark it so.

Return to “Software & Applications”