Hey Linux Mints!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
benji

Hey Linux Mints!

Post by benji »

My name is Ben.
I'm a Taurus, or an earth snake depending on which horoscopes you follow.
I currently study computers at community college.
I just started a Linux class and I love it.
I decided that it would be easier to ace the class if I actually used the OS.
For my final project in the class I must present to the class and install a distro of Linux and explain why its a good distro and unique!
The distro has to come from some top ten list. It can't be Ubuntu, which is fine because I didn't like Ubuntu, I found it slow. I'm loving mint though. Its so zippy! and I barely did anything to it!
I'm considering giving the presentation on Arch distro though, because so many students present mint. (sorry guys!)

Since I've just started using Linux yesterday, any and every tip or pointer you can give me would be great!
I've already opened a thread concerning my issues with trying to set up Conky.
I just can't get it to look nice, or stay up...

Thank you all for reading!
Hope to make some friends. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
The-Wizard

Re: Hey Linux Mints!

Post by The-Wizard »

Welcome to the Mint family forums

wizard
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Post by rivenathos »

Welcome to Linux Mint and the forum!
Current hardware: a Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop, a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop, and a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop.
Current OS: LMDE 3
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Hi Ben, welcome to the Linux Mint forums :D Thanks for joining the forums! Bonus points if you get the other students to join the forums :mrgreen: Good luck with Arch Linux though. It can be quite a challenge for users new to Linux.

Be sure also to check out the Community website (tutorials, hardware and software reviews, ideas), and the Cinnamon Spices website for adding even more themes, applets and extensions to Cinnamon (if you have picked the Cinnamon edition of Linux Mint :wink:).

You can also chat in real-time with other Linux Mint users. In the Mint Menu, in the Internet section, start the application XChat IRC. You will automatically get connected to #linuxmint-chat for general chat and #linuxmint-help for support with other Linux Mint users.

Have fun with Linux Mint.
caerolle

Post by caerolle »

Hi Ben!

Welcome to Mint, and to the Mint forums!

Caerolle :)
jesica

Post by jesica »

Good day and welcome to the forum :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”