LMDE works fine!!!

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Mithrandir
Level 3
Level 3

LMDE works fine!!!

Post by Mithrandir »

Always we post topic to write about something that doesn't work in the system. I'd like to open this topic to write that all works fine on m LMDE with gnome-shell: usb-modems with operators of all the world, printers, cameras and others peripheral devices.
Congratulations for the project!!!!
Long life to LMDE! :D :D :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mali radnik

Re: LMDE works fine!!!

Post by mali radnik »

I cannot agree more. I've been using LMDE with Mate (UP 4) since May and I am perfectly satisfied. Only one question: how can I open Menu bar with the keyboard? The <Super> key remains unused and this is the only key that, apparently, remains useless. I tried several combinations, read some previous posts, but in vain.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

mali radnik wrote:Only one question: how can I open Menu bar with the keyboard? The <Super> key remains unused and this is the only key that, apparently, remains useless. I tried several combinations, read some previous posts, but in vain.
A support request in a thread about how everything works fine should be considered as offtopic :D

Okay, this is/was a known problem. You need to either install mintmenu-keybinder or (if the hotkey still won't work for some reason) apply this hack. Don't do both though. :)
mali radnik

Post by mali radnik »

Sorry, Monsta, I did not achieve anything. Here is what I got at the end:

/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu $ mintmenu
Opacity is: 98
Setting opacity to: 0.98
__init__ took 44.936 ms
Binding to Hot Key: <Super_L>
/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/mintMenu.py:857: Warning: g_object_set_qdata: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
main_window.show()
mintmenu
/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/mintMenu.py:859: Warning: g_object_set_qdata: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
gtk.main()

(mintMenu.py:6411): MateComponent-WARNING **: Never got frame, control died - abnormal exit condition
rudar@rudarlmde /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu $ mintmenu
Opacity is: 98
Setting opacity to: 0.98
__init__ took 45.235 ms
Binding to Hot Key: <Super_L>
/usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/mintMenu.py:857: Warning: g_object_set_qdata: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
main_window.show()

I guess this is all very clumsy. What can be done?
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Well, this looks like the usual debug/info output from mintMenu. And it seems the hotkey binding was successful.
Let's move to this thread to continue discussion, we're going offtopic. :)
Mithrandir
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Mithrandir »

Monsta wrote: A support request in a thread about how everything works fine should be considered as offtopic :D
:D
mali radnik

Post by mali radnik »

I have settled my problem (the most simple solution: Logout, Login and that's it!). Kudos to LMDE!!
Joelito

Post by Joelito »

Agree, I love my LMDE w/ xfce4 :)

Return to “LMDE Archive”