How Can I Install Broadcom Drivers Without Internet?(Solved)

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
markcynt

How Can I Install Broadcom Drivers Without Internet?(Solved)

Post by markcynt »

I'm running Windows right now and I want to install Linux Mint KDE but doing so without an internet connection. So I'd like to get my wireless up and running without using ndiswrapper and without compiling the driver. I know my wireless uses the latest BCM43XX driver. Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: How Can I Install Broadcom Drivers Without Internet?

Post by remoulder »

[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
markcynt

Re: How Can I Install Broadcom Drivers Without Internet?

Post by markcynt »

So anyway I have the BCM43227 chipset and I found the solution to be pretty simple once I figured it out. Thanks to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiD ... net_access

If you have the BCM4311, BCM4312, BCM4313, BCM4321, BCM4322, BCM43224, BCM43225, BCM43227 or BCM43228 wireless chipset just install the bcmwl-kernel-source package from the Ubuntu install CD. After installing Linux Mint, pop in an Ubuntu CD that corresponds to the version of Linux Mint that you installed then navigate to /pool/restricted/b/bcmwl , doubleclick on that package and install it, then reboot, and wireless should be working.

I tried using a Mint install DVD but could not find the packages so if anyone knows how to do this with a Mint DVD feel free to add to this.

Return to “Networking”